Thursday, August 13, 2015

Can we continue the conversation?

The "Women Words" thread has been closed. Can we continue the conversation? I would like to expand this to your favorite quotes from women and men. What quotes inspire you? What quotes make you think? What quotes cheer you up? What quotes are on your bulletin board at work, on your computer screen? 

Some of my favorites, “If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.”  Lilla Watson

“You are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to 
remember that the planet is carrying you.” ― Vandana Shiva

I posted these quotes at the "Women Words" thread and I'm surprised this post was removed. If you have posts that were deleted from the same thread please post it here if you would like to share. 

Thanks Mellisa great topic and wonderful quote from Winnie Mandela. I don’t think I have enough time in the day to post all of my favorite quotes from women. Here are a few.
This is one of my very favorite quotes, “If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.” - Lilla Watson,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
I’ve had this wood block print hanging up in my office for years to remind me we are all in this together.

“The liberation of the earth, the liberation of women, the liberation of all humanity is the next stop of freedom we need to work for, and it’s the next step of peace that we need to create.” ― Vandana Shiva

“You are not Atlas carrying the world on your shoulder. It is good to
remember that the planet is carrying you.” ― Vandana Shiva,http://vandanashiva.com/
“Whenever we engage in consumption or production patterns which take more than we need, we are engaging in violence.” 

― Vandana Shiva, Earth Democracy: Justice, Sustainability, and Peace

“One of our people in the Native community said the difference between white people and Indians is that Indian people know they are oppressed but don’t feel powerless. White people don’t feel oppressed, but feel powerless. Deconstruct that disempowerment. Part of the mythology that they’ve been teaching you is that you have no power. Power is not brute force and money; power is in your spirit. Power is in your soul. It is what your ancestors, your old people gave you. Power is in the earth; it is in your relationship to the earth.” ― Winona LaDuke, http://nativeharvest.com/winon...


No comments:

Post a Comment