Monday, February 8, 2016

Damned if I do, damned if I don't

Well this is a new one for me. I was invited by the mod of Community Council to have a discussion at this thread,
https://disqus.com/home/channel/communitycouncil/discussion/channel-communitycouncil/expect_resistance/

I only became aware of this thread because another commenter posted it to me. I'm banned at all Community Council (CC) channels, hence I don't go there or read anything posted at those channels. I wouldn't have known I was invited unless a fellow commenter told me about it. It was a passive aggressive invitation, not a direct invitation by the mod at CC. My disqus profile is public and she could have invited me by posting a link directly to me at my blog. She is NOT banned at my blog, therefore this would have been a direct line of communication that was already open.  


When I posted at the Community Council thread, I found it was impossible for me to post as "expect resistance" my disqus handle, because I was banned there. I happen to have another account to post a response. What would you do in this situation?

Instead of resolving the moderation issue the mod closed the thread without any resolution. I showed up for my public flogging and it was a fail on the mod's part to do anything constructive. The thread is closed and no more discussion. 














No comments:

Post a Comment